Mable is up for Best Western at the Action on Film Festival, we wanted to Congratulate the cast and a special shout of thanks to Coryn McBride for starring in this film and making it award nomination worthy!
1. You seem to get really into your characters. Did you do any type of western style prepping for this film?
I have always been a fan of classic westerns. I have been involved with The Gaslight Melodrama for many years which has provided bountiful experiences doing many western melodramas with my loving TGM family.
2. What do you think was your favorite moment while filming Mable?
Witnessing the talented crew work behind the scenes is so much fun. I loved meeting the horses especially. The many people dedicated their craft, tools, space, and time to bring it all together was so awe inspiring. At Ethel's Old Corral, I was Pat and Dave's bartender and to see what he had been hounding Rickey to do (a western) for so long finally come into production was heartwarming. I know Dave would be damn proud of that worm.
3. How did you get involved in the most epic/mind blowing company in the world, Hectic Films?
I worked with Rickey while shooting Matt Kieley's film Carte Blanche. That started it all!
4. What kinda stuff do you like on your tacos? Corn or Flour?
Corn always! I love al pastor tacos with a pineapple mango salsa, or fish and shrimp tacos, or veggie tacos with bell pepper, onion, and avocado. I love tacos!!!
5. Are you currently working on any upcoming projects?
I have moved out of the area but I look forward to making some time for some cameos, shorts, or feature length films as they are accessible and available throughout the years. I'm hoping to be the next Betty White!
You can catch the beautiful and talented Coryn McBride in Mable at the Action On Film Festival in Monrovia, CA. Tickets and information can be found here: