Friday, September 2, 2016

Meghan Chadeayne Micro Interview!



Congrats to Meghan Chadeayne on her nominations for Breakout Action Film Star-Female-Short and Female Action Performer of the Year at the Action on Film Festival for Naked Zombie Girl! 

Hello! Thank you! It’s quite a thrill and amazing that Naked Zombie Girl (NZG) is still captivating audiences! 



1. How does it feel to get 2 nominations at the Action on Film Festival? 

Dreamlike, to be honest. Naked Zombie Girl is such a soft spot for me to this day. We filmed it almost three years ago, it was the very beginning of my journey, and the first time I put blind trust into a director, and complete reactive instinct into a performance. These nominations solidify my belief that Hectic Films created something magical when they filmed NZG. I couldn’t have received either nod without that entire team at my back. Even if I go home at the end of the night without either award, I’ll still be immensely proud of the film we’ve created. I doubt that will ever change.



2. What was your favorite scene in Naked Zombie Girl?

Oh man, of course, looking back, I’d do everything entirely different now, knowing what I do, but my favorite scene I think has to be the crowbar in the Cadillac. I love everything from the way it was shot, to the inserts, Josh’s zombie performance, and the way it amps up the ending kill scene. Just a phenomenal example of Hectic’s enticing cinematic and post production ability. 



3. How was it being naked on set for over 12 hours at a time?

As I tell anyone who asks about the revealing nature of NZG, it was fine. It was intimidating at first, but after I realized no one on set was inappropriate or I wasn’t being shot in a grotesque way, I relaxed and was able to focus on the performance. Besides, after the blood and guts were applied, I hardly felt naked.




4. What are some of the other projects you are currently working on?

This year is getting pretty busy already. Currently, I’m preparing for my next lead role in a horror-comedy called ‘Violet’ by filmmaker and photographer Chad Michael Ward of Underhaus Productions. After that, I have a science-fiction micro short to be shot in the desert. I’m playing Poison Ivy in a Batman fan film, I’ll be traveling to Sweden to film a horror-fantasy feature in 2017, and I’m in the process of putting one of my own scripts into production. 2017 looks to be pretty busy, but I’m excited to see what other adventures it holds. 



5. How did you get involved with the most explosive film company on earth, Hectic Films?

I met the director, Rickey, on the set of another horror feature we were on! He jokingly pitched the idea to me and I agreed, within a few months, I was stripping down and killing zombies. That’s also when I learned Rickey’s crazy film ideas aren’t actually just crazy ideas, he gets them done, and I respect the hell out of that. 



6. What's your favorite show on Netflix?

I have to choose just one?  Show wise, I haven’t had time to binge too much of anything, but holy hell, I did squeeze in ‘Stranger Things’. I want to adopt Dustin, he’s my favorite, and I’m pretty certain Eleven makes for a kick-ass female protagonist. 



Films… I recently watched Baskin, and found it to be a trip. If you’re into foreign horror that has beautifully set up shots, neon-tinted dewy coloring, and kill scenes that cause you to squirm, give this one a go! 




You can catch Naked Zombie Girl at the Action On Film Festival in Monrovia, CA on Sept. 4th. Tickets and Information can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/129548017495425/



No comments:

Post a Comment