Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Kelly Henderson Micro Interview!



Congrats To Kelly Henderson on the nomination at the Action on Film festival for best costumes on the short film Mable! 



1. The costumes look great in the film. What character's costume was the hardest in the film and why?

Mable's costume was a little more difficult because not only were there a lot of buttons but when I measured her, she had recently found out that she was pregnant. So I had to take a wild guess at how much bigger I had to make it in order to fit her properly. In the end, it fit her perfectly!



2. How long did it take you to make the costumes? 

I think I started 3 months ahead of time with buying materials, patterns and taking measurements but I was still rushing till the night before shooting to finish everyone's costumes because 8 people with shirt, trousers, vests, and handkerchiefs is a lot more work than I thought it would be, but very fun to do. Plus Rickey wanted everything to be authentic when it came to material and all so that can take more time when zippers were not invented yet.



3. What is something you would recommend filmmakers should think about when making costumes for a western?

How hot is it going to be, lock down a specific time period, and work with wardrobe as far as character development. Clothes say a lot about a person.



4. We watched the trailer for the new futurama live action fan film. What did you do on that project? What else are you currently working on?

Oh, sweet! I was in charge of hair, so my job was coloring, cutting, and styling any wigs and/or real hair on the actors and actresses. Pretty much hair department. I just finished working on a project for Joseph Kahn doing hair work.



5. How did you get involved with best indie film company on the planet?

I got involved with Hectic Films through the very talented Nick Reisinger who asked, "Hey, wanna be a zombie AND make zombies?". The rest is history! Some of the most fun sets I've worked on have been through Hectic Films!



6. Are you excited about the action on film festival?

Yes, I am!



We'll see you there! Tickets can be purchased online through the Action On Film website, or found through the Facebook Event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/922378104540581/


No comments:

Post a Comment